- A surcharge can only be applied to credit. If the card is a hybrid card (says debit on the card), the surcharge is not allowed and therefore will not be charged, even if the hybrid card is run as credit
- Surcharge is regulated by the Card Associations
- There are state specific restrictions
- Configurable in STEAM settings for rate or flat fee per card type
- Rate for surcharge will be configured per card brand: Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, etc.
Each card brand will have rates configurable for the following cases:
- Manual Card-‐Present (CP)
- Manual Card-‐Not-‐Present (CNP)
- Rate will be configured as a percentage of total transaction amount, or fixed fee
- Disclaimer will appear on bottom of both receipt copies
Note: Back Office, revenue distribution, merchant saving is at the ISO’s discretion.
Check out the robust reporting capability of DeNovo Cloud Systems >